Andricite® is a stable, finely ground synthetic anhydrous calcium sulphate produced as a co-product in the manufacture of Hydrofluoric Acid.
Andricite is widely used in floor screed applications because of it’s numerous advantages, which include enhanced flow for self-leveling, good dimension stability, high mechanical strength and thermal conductivity – with resulting benefits for underfloor heating.
For more information on this specific market, please visit our Gypsol website here.
Other applications of Andricite
- Andricite is used as a shrinkage reducing agent in calcium aluminate based products for thin self-levelers, tile adhesives, tiles grouts and repair mortars.
- Used in the right proportions with aluminates, ettringite is formed, reducing the shrinkage of Portland cement. Other benefits include high early strength, long term mechanical strength, rapid drying and reduced efflorescence.
- As an additive in aerated block manufacture Andricite aids setting and strength development.
- Andricite can be used in plastic industry processes as a filler.
- Andricite is also a valuable source of calcium and sulphur in fertiliser production and is used to make Calcifert Sulphur.
- Andricite is also available in a granular form for use in cement manufacture for controlling set time and improving mechanical strength.